Mastodon

Friday 5 August 2022

Pan fried salmon and stuff


I actually don't mind doing a bit of cooking, but I really hate doing normal stuff and occasionally just start throwing some things together.

I've now decided to start documenting stuff that I've made, in case I wanted to make it again and hopefully it worked and was enjoyable.

We've had some salmon fillets and it was time to do something with them, I looked up loads of recipes and nothing stood out. But a meal we'd had in Sidmouth with the fish on top of some mash seemed to give me an idea.


Ingredients are as follows:

Salmon fillets for as many people as you want, I used two.

Cherry tomatoes.

Red or yellow pepper.

Chestnut Mushrooms.

Onion.

Chives (fresh ideally but dried works).

Mash potato ( you can cheat and buy the ready made stuff, I did).

Chilli infused olive oil.

Olive oil.

Starting with the salmon, give them a rinse under a tap, lay them down skin side up on some tin foil and season the skin with salt and pepper, give them a good covering but don't let it get on the flesh itself as it could make the fish too salty. Put it in the fridge for a few hours.

Get the mash, if you've bought it ready made like I did, just chop up the chives and mix them in well. 

Take the mushrooms and slice them up, leave the tomatoes whole, cut the onion into halves or quarters depending on the size and cut the pepper up as you prefer, I did longish strips. Put them on tin foil on a tray and drizzle them with olive oil. Put the oven on 200c and stick them in.

Put the mash into a pan on a low heat and keep it moving to stop it burning.

Put a small amount of olive oil into a frying pan on a moderate heat and put the salmon fillets in, skin side down, cook it for about 5 mins, you will see the flesh of the fish start to change colour, turn them over onto each side for a minute just to cook the sides slightly and then transfer them to the tray in the oven on top of the mushrooms, peppers and so on.

That's going to stay in the oven for about 20 mins now so turn the heat up a bit on the mash and keep turning it to stop it sticking.

After 20 mins, put the mash onto a plate in a strip about the same shape and size as the salmon, take the tray out of the oven and put the fish onto the mash, share out the rest of the ingredients in the tray and drizzle some chilli infused oil over the top of the salmon.

Finally, eat it.

I didn't take any pictures but if I get around to doing it again I will.





No comments:

Post a Comment