Mastodon

Wednesday 7 July 2010

The Bugg Centre

The Bugg Centre of 70 St Annes Road in Blackpool is the name of the company that offered me a position and in fact increased the offer to  get me to start work there. I took the offer and found that all was not quite as promised. During my first week there I noticed what appeared to be a debt collector visit the premises and then after that a visit from the landlord indicated that the company was behind in it's rent and had also issued some replacement cheques that had bounced.

The company also interviewed several people with one poor girl travelling all the way from Carnforth to Blackpool twice when no actual position existed and as I found out later there was no actual way that the company could afford to pay it's one member of staff let alone any new ones.

And so on the last day of April, the sole director a Mr Denis Strachan of 5 Aderne Place, Alderley Edge, Cheshire, SK9 7EN informed me that the company had insufficient funds to pay me my full wages and then after some discussion at 16.50 on a Friday evening paid me about 2 weeks wages by cheque which I then had to wait for a further 4 days to clear.

Some 2 weeks later, Mr Strachan gave me a further £50 in cash and told me that he would try and pay the rest of the previous months wages the following week, I decided on my arrival at home that there would be very little chance of that happening and it would also be unlikely that the company would be able to pay the following months wages too and I issued my immediate resignation.

I contacted the company and offered them a payment plan of one cheque to be issued at the start of June with the balance being paid by 2 post dated cheques. This was agreed by Mr Strachan but it was a further 2 weeks before the three cheques arrived and he had dated the 1st one for July with the second one being dated August and the last one dated September, this was a month later than agreed by me but I though that it was better than nothing.

This morning the 7th of July, I woke unable to sleep and decided to cheque the bank balance and have found that the initial cheque has bounced, no communication has been received from Mr Strachan to advise me of this and indeed I did not expect him to do so. Further investigation of the company by me seems to indicate that it has had some county court judgements issued against it and one of these appears to be from a restaurant.

The Bugg Centre has given me pay slips showing how much I should have been paid, and as a limited company has issued cheques fraudulently as there were no funds available to clear them. This is in fact theft and I suspect that the company is also trading while insolvent which is also illegal and if so the company directors are not covered by the limited liability offered them.

So take this as a warning, do not do business with The Bugg Centre of 70 St Anne's Road, Blackpool, FY4 2AS, the registered office of the company is 7 St Petersgate, Stockport, Cheshire, SK1 1EB and it's sole director, Mr Denis Strachan lives at 5 Aderne Place, Alderley Edge, Cheshire, SK9 7EN.

No comments:

Post a Comment