Mastodon

Wednesday 12 September 2018

One Of Those Days

Somedays, no matter how much you like your job you come out feeling stressed and fed up, today was one of those days. For no reason it's been incredibly busy and there's no moment to pause. I walked out of the building, sat down in the car, started the engine and hit play on my music player. Immediately I heard the sound of some animals and then the music kicked in. Within seconds I started to relax and was actually smiling by the time I reached the gates onto the main road. 

The track that put the world to rights was At Wild End from Colin Bass, this is the track, the lyrics are after it and if it don't get you smiling you've lost your happiness glands.






Walking out on Autumn day
Under a clear blue sky
Sun shines down on golden lanes


And shoals of birds swim by
Shoals of birds swim by
At Wild End

Walking up to the higher plains
See the snow-capped mountains shine
Spending time with the farmer girl
She's a friend of mine
She's a very good friend of mine
At Wild End

Nothing lasts forever
No-one is here to stay
And you'll find out where you've been
heading
At the end of the day
At the very end of the day
At Wild End

Sometimes it takes a long time
To come out of the blue
When you're following the wrong signs
You get lost
You lose yourself
You're someone else
Playing the game

But I love my love with a free good will
I own she has my heart
And I will love her all my days
And we will never part
No, we will never part
From Wild End

So we'll go no more a-roving
So late into the night
Tho'the heart be still as loving
And the moon be still as bright
For the night was made for loving
And the day returns too soon
Yet we'll go no more a-roving
By the light of the moon

So here's to you
The parting glass
And goodnight and joy to you all

No comments:

Post a Comment