Mastodon

Thursday 23 April 2009

Age related ramblings

I'm sitting at home writing this up, at the moment I'm 49 and I'll be off to work in about 20 minutes but when I come home tomorrow I'll be 50 and then the next day I'll be 50 and a bit which means that I've past the halfway mark to 100.

I really haven't got a clue how I've got here with most of my bits still present, the hair is still there it just doesn't all reach the top of my head anymore. The last year seems to have flown by and looking back with one very notable exception I don't seem to have achieved much. So I'm making a new years resolution (well technically from tomorrow it's a new year for me).

What I'm going to do is write down a list of things that I want to do, places I want to go, people I want to visit and I'm going to start doing them. Barclay James Harvest once sang that life is for living and living is free, well the first bit is right anyway and it's time to make up for those lost years when I achieved bugger all except for some material stuff.

I want to see stuff that inspires me now, I want to feel things and see places that so far I've only seen in pictures. Some of this stuff is on my doorstep and I've made a little bit of a start,.

This year, I want to see the top of Ben Nevis and Snowdon, I want to walk to the top of Pistyll Rhaeadr in Wales, go on a steam train from Fort William to Mallaig across the viaduct in the Harry Potter films, see some dolphins in the wild , stand in the phone box that was in Local Hero and watch the sun set on the white sands in Arisaig (the beach that was used for local hero).
A week in the sun later in the year doing bugger all would be nice too but we'll see how things go.
So that's it, time to get my shoes on and spend another 10 hours sorting out technical issues as they say in CB land, I'll catch you on the flip flop.
This here is Major Tom saying 10 10 till we do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment