Mastodon

Friday 25 April 2008

Age Related Ramblings

I remember when I was young thinking how far away 50 was., well I'm now less than a year away as I've just passed 49.

This started happening yesterday when I was in work and carried on totally un-noticed by me as I slept through most of it due to working night shift. I had a shower earlier and could not see any extra drooppy bits or lines, I still have the same lack of hair I had a few years back with a few extra grey bits and I still listen to the same music.

Most of me still works at the moment, I sometimes stand up too quickly and get dizzy and it's harder to get up off the floor, but this has been the case for some time now.

So far so good then, maybe 50 won't be a bad age after all. And it's still just under a year away or 364 days, or 4,368 hours or 262,080 minutes 15,724,800 seconds, sorry 15,724,799, I meant 15,724,798. Bugger come back seconds why the hell are you going
so quick.
If by any chance you are reading these ramblings and you know me, please do me a

favour.

The moment you hear me listening to Country and Western and enjoying myself or if I ever express the urge to take up line dancing, can you do the honourable thing and put me out of my misery?

Until that time I'm going to listen to Hawkwind, Pink Floyd, Spocks Beard and the like, enjoy wine, food and nights with my Wife and visit as many parts of the world as I can afford.

Major Tom

10, 10 till we do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment